Volunteers are an important aspect of our workforce at Lymphcare UK.
Their contribution and dedication to assisting us to deliver services are highly valued and a rewarding activity for the individuals involved.
They assist our team of Specialist Lymphoedema Nurses in the assessment, treatment and support of patients with Lymphoedema/Oedema. This is a chronic condition that causes swelling (e.g. to the arms or legs) when the lymphatic system is not able to drain fluid properly.
Duties performed by volunteers at Lymphcare UK include:
- Greeting patients and their relatives
- Providing support and re-assurance
- Locating patient files
- General filing
- Answering the phone
- Taking messages
- Helping to make/check appointments
- Typing – appointment letters
- Data Management -inputting patient/survey data
- Rewarding to help others
- Responsibility, learning new skills and increased confidence
- Being part of a caring, compassionate and successful team
- Making new friends, fun and being sociable
Volunteers do get a huge reward from working with us as they feel and know they are making a true difference with their time and efforts.